Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Waiting

Ivan has been "showing up" around our house. Today he appeared in Maryn's drawing of our family (also featuring the 'happy sun' and 'octopus in the sky'!). He is being mentioned in more and more conversations, prayers, story-telling, and even a few far-fetched excuses! Maggie brought home an "All About Me" poster today that listed that she has 2 brothers. I cried. When she saw my tears she said, "What mom? I do!"

I find myself saying I am a mother of "almost 4" (which evokes a few confused looks...sometimes I just smile...). I love that we talk about him. I can't wait until he can hear us.

Ivan also has a collection of clothes now--just essentials really--his super cozy snow suit for our time in Russia, some basic shirts, sweatpants, and a few delicious pajamas. I confess that I have a pajama problem. I love kids in p.j.'s...especially the footed sleeper kind...Ivan has some of those you can be sure.

We have no new news. We DID however complete our final documents needed for court (well, let's not say "final", that sounds too definite...I know all too well that is not likely true). We sent off the final things Nizhny was asking for, were re-fingerprinted for our I 171-H, and now are just waiting for the vacationing judge to assign us a court date. Someone asked me the other day where I thought a judge in Nizhny vacationed for 5 weeks...I think this is a good question to ponder. One friend even speculated that the judge could be here, in Southern California vacationing...perhaps we have seen her. (I hope I was having one of my good days if I did.) And I hope she was prepared for the oppressive heat we are having. MISERY. It really is bad--and it makes me a little nutty. October is for sweatshirts, pumpkin spice lattes, and yummy smelling candles. It is not fun to drink pumpkin spice lattes when it is 100 degrees outside. It should almost not be allowed :)

Wherever the judge finds herself (and I am quite certain that she is NOT in SoCal), I hope it is restful and refreshing. I hope she comes back ready and eager to get some kids to their forever homes. (And let's have Ivan be the first one, shall we?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh all of this waiting! I am praying that this in between time is bearable for you guys :)

I truly can't wait for the day when Ivan is running around with his brother and sisters and cousins....maybe in some really cute footed pj's.

Shannon said...

I continue to pray for you. And have been thinking of you as people talk about how they are sooo glad that fall has finally arrived. I think these Southern Californians are crazy. Fall has not arrived!:) But we did enjoy a fire in our fireplace this weekend when it rained. We were more playing make believe about fall being here since all our windows were open with the fire going:) I will remember to continue to pray as I remember our joint achings for fall and even more so for your little one to come home.

Pretty Ditty said...

I am praying!

I don't think I can read your blog anymore because I cry every time =)

I am looking forward to crying tears of joy when that sweet little shooga booga comes home.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

hi tothe wolff family. cogradulations on your new son.when a birth mom waits for nine months she anticipates what her new child will be like growing under her heart. as an adoptive family you know your little boy and he is growing in your prayers thoughts and most important your hearts.
I am Ashlyn's nana. what a blessing .I want you to know that I have people on the cape praying for Ivan tomake it home
You are in for the most rewarding experience of your life.Actually it is funny we have a lot common. I also love baby toes. M y grandmother from England maiden name was Wolfe. she married my Grandfarhe james bone. So as you may know when you marry in UK you can hyphonate your name which made her Wolfe-Bone true story. Probably some where way back we are related and now Ivan has made us aquainted .How awesome.Keep you chin up kids and know that Nana and cape cod MA is praying very hard for yor family and the children of NN.

The Landers 4 said...

We will join you in prayer that your Judge returns refreshed, ready and quickly decides to give your son (and others) their forever home. We have enjoyed your blog. Oh, and the slippers for the children are adorable!

And ...
You have been tagged!
Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.

2. Post the rules on the blog.

3. Write six random facts about yourself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post.

5. Let each person know they have been tagged.

6. Let the taggers know when your "Six Random Things" entry is up.

The Landers 3 (Cheryl)