Monday, October 20, 2008

Progress

We are making some serious progress in our preparations for our departure in 6 days!

Flights and hotels are booked...yippee!
Visas are set to arrive Friday.
Most of the necessary items for little Ivan and ourselves have been purchased.
We have new, crisp bills (and more on the way)
The sheets are on the newly set up crib.
There are clothes in the adorable red dresser that has been waiting to be filled.
Toys came out of storage and were washed and put in new toy bins.
We are telling everyone who will listen what is JUST AROUND THE CORNER...

Our trip agenda as of right now is this (much is subject to change...be on the lookout for changes--I will post any that occur):
October 27: Flight to Moscow
October 28: Arrive Moscow and get some good rest
October 29: Tour Moscow a bit and catch the late afternoon train to Nizhny
October 30: Go to orphanage to visit Ivan
October 31: Court at 2pm Nizhny time (3am California time)
November 3: Phil and Barrett fly back to USA while Clara and I wait for all of the final waiting/ steps until we can bring Ivan home
November 14: Clara, Melanie, and Ivan fly HOME!

I am tired and still have LOTS of items on today's list to check off, but I will post again before we leave for sure.

6 comments:

Ben & Melissa said...

Oh, we will definitely be praying! Is the judge in NN no longer waiving the 10-day wait? Just wondering why you will have to be in country so long after your court date. It will be worth it though!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heart is so full after reading this! I can't really imagine how hard the wait has been. I am so happy for you guys and also for our whole family! How amazing that he will actually be here! I will be praying for you all :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. We are adopting from Nizhny as well. We are waiting for our court date. We met our daughter the end of June and are so anxious to go back and get her. Her orphanage is also about an hour away, but does not look like the picture you posted. Actually, our daughter is 8 yrs. old so would not be in the same building. I totally can understand your emotions and the amazing grace of God you have experienced. I am exited for you and pray you have a wonderful trip. C.H.

Anonymous said...

I thought I heard you mention a visiting judge will be handling your adoption? We adopted from NN last year. There are some very specific things our judge wanted, but if she is different, then it may not matter... otherwise, I will be glad to pass the info along.

I know how overwhelming it can be... enjoy the time and best of luck. Hope your trip is wonderful.

Pretty Ditty said...

Yippee! Super excited for you and your sweet family. I'll be praying =)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

SO excited for you!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see Ivan!