Sunday, May 3, 2009

Whoa!


I honestly had no idea just how long it had been since I posted. It seems impossible that 6 weeks have gone by. And I realized that I have a few more "major" things to share in the coming days and weeks, so I better had do a little catching up or I never will. (And the only reason for the above picture is that I felt it needed to be shared. My son is a riot.)

First things first:
Ivan is 2! He had a fantastic birthday celebration with many beloved family friends on a gorgeous afternoon--it was prefect! He also had a special "bracelet night reunion" with the students who literally helped to bring him home. Here is a little proof of our memorable celebrations: (Please note that the same balloons that later "attacked" Ivan brought him great joy for many hours. Please also note that I had to photograph the attack before I attempted to rescue him.)











Ivan got a few cars, trains, and clothes for his birthday. He has a strong affinity to his red Thomas shirt that he nearly jumped out of the cart in T@rget for so it was only fitting to wear it on his actual birthday. And it clearly went well with the rain boots. And the thumb I think...don't you?Ivan has also started speech therapy 2 times a week and works with an infant teacher 1 time a week. All of this is going wonderfully and we feel so thankful that he qualifies for these amazing resources. For the record, Ivan REFUSES to speak for his speech therapist, but is quite chatty between her visits. She doesn't seem too shocked or irritated by this, but I find it mildly frustrating. It could be that the toys and books she is using are AT LEAST 3 decades old...but I am not entirely sure ;)

On the home front things have been a little busier than usual. We just finished a bathroom addition (inside an existing room so it is more of a re-model I guess). It was a long time coming...we have only had 1 bathroom for the last 8 years. It is fantastic to have 2...Although now there are 2 toilets beckoning Ivan for a "dip".

Just as the bathroom project started, we all got really sick. A nasty little virus with a lingering fever and canker sores all in the mouth. This is a modern day plague I am certain. We were sick for 3 full weeks. I literally asked my pediatrician if he could admit my oldest son to the hospital because he was so miserable. He smiled at me. I then asked him in all seriousness if he could admit me until the plague passed. I probably got my first gray hairs during all of this.

Speaking of hair, I gave away 12 inches of my hair to Locks of Love last week. It was honestly shocking to see the thick braids of hair be cut from my head. I have not had short hair in over 5 years. There are lots of double-takes when I see people. Let's be honest, I even double-take when I see me.

Also speaking of hair, I still have not cut Ivan's. I can't. His soft blond curls are too precious. And I will tell you that I work on a college campus and the mullet is coming back. And you might be shocked to hear that so is the rat tail...WHAT?!

This post is very random I recognize. I just needed to post or I feared I never would...Well, I am happy to report that we are healthy and happy here at the Wolf casa...all smiles as you can see!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

finally an update, but now I understand why--soooo sorry about the bug you all had-yuck. I am dying to see your hair, I probably have seen you and not recognized you! Love the photos, Melanie!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi! I want to see your hair! I just donated 10 inches this past week and haven't had short hair in 5 years either!! I am doing double takes every time I pass a mirror too. I'm loving the short hair again though :)

Ivan is just too cute. Happy 2nd Birthday! I agree with you about the speech therapist's toys. Is she coming to your house? I would suggest she use some of the toys you already have that Ivan likes. If you want more suggestions, I'm happy to help!