Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lovin' the Pacific

Ivan has been home 4 months today! I love celebrating all of these milestones. The next milestone we will celebrate is a HUGE one...someone will be turning 2! We have already began teaching Ivan the appropriately cute response to "How old are you, Ivan?" The holds up his two index fingers together and says, "Ewww" ('Two' without any 'T' sound at all...adorable!).

Since I mentioned all of the many "firsts" Ivan has been experiencing lately in my last post, I would be remiss if I did not share his first beach experience with you. Now, our family loves to journey to the beach (although Phil and I both are not very fond of the sand...), and we have been excited to share the beach with Ivan. He is such a water-lover these days we knew he would love to see the water and the occasional planes flying overhead and birds EVERYWHERE would only be bonuses for him. I wish I could have captured his first moments in the sand. His confused intrigue was priceless! He made the "Oh My!" face a lot, and we smiled so much our cheeks hurt. After quite a few minutes of wallowing in the sand, he spotted the water. He made his little surprised look at me and asked with his eyes if he could go check it out. I suppose my smile and raised camera gave him the go ahead. We fully anticipated him to touch his toes to the frigid Pacific Ocean and quickly backtrack to warmer, dryer sand. We were very, very wrong. I am certain that if Phil had not been there to rescue him, he would have gone in neck deep. My toes ache right now remembering how cold that water was and our little man could not get enough of it! He smiled and giggled, wanted to touch it and sit down in it. When his blue chattering lips made me feel like a bad mommy, I scooped him up in a warm towel and took him up to the sand for a yummy mouthful of sand. oops, I meant snack. He rolled every bite of snacks into the sand and loudly crunched the sand between his teeth and was absolutely delighted!

We might have a little beach bum on our hands...we are truly looking forward to many many more sandy beach days...

3 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Wow, those photos are priceless! We are taking Lexi to the beach in June. I can hardly wait now after seeing your little man enjoying it so much!

Anonymous said...

Oh that last picture of him is just beautiful! He is just precious and he looks truly happy and thriving! Love you guys!

Roger and Joanne said...

Awww!!! Such beautiful photos! We, too, love the beach, but could do without the sand--if that's at all possible. ;-)