Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Keeping Watch

Well...we got THE CALL yesterday...Yep, the call we've been waiting for...A REFERRAL!! Just when it seemed it would never come; it did...God is so good!

We are thrilled to announce that we have accepted the referral for a 14 month old boy in Nizhny Novgorod. We know very little about him other than his birth month and given name, but we feel like we can't pass up the chance to go and meet this little boy: "Little Man", as we are calling him for now.

We are excited and anxious, (basically just overwhelmed!), but so thankful for God's hand at work in our lives. We are trusting that He is the Author of this whole story--start to finish, and we will walk ahead in obedience and see what He has in store.

Speaking of "seeing", the adoption world refers to a referral like ours with little or no information and no photograph as a "blind referral". I too have been referring to it as that over these last 36 hours. That is how I feel...blind. I am just DYING to see him, his details, history, his nose and his little eyes. But for now, I am blind. I had always imagined receiving a referral photo that I could gaze at and talk to. I was feeling really sad about this until the early hours of the morning this morning when I awoke with wide-eyes thinking, "Did we REALLY get a referral for a 14 month old little boy yesterday?!" I began praying for him, for the process, for us--and I was stopped mid-prayer with the truth that God is "El Roi", the God who sees! (Genesis 16) I literally said out-loud, "God, even-though I know very little about him, You see him, Lord...You always have!" I smiled as I thought about that--that though I feel so blind, God sees and knows him perfectly. What comfort that brings even now.

We should find out more in the next couple of days about our travel plans and time-frame, and we will be sure to share those things with you when we know. For now, we are asking that you pray. Please pray for the details as we make travel plans, etc. Please pray for our family as we seek to listen to the Lord and walk in full obedience to Him. Please pray for "Little Man"--that God would protect, heal, and bless him.

Thank you for being interested in our journey--your partnership in this process is treasured.

"The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." Proverbs 15:3

5 comments:

Joel and Clarion said...

Congratulations and blessings on your referral. We also had a blind referral for our two boys in Vladivostok. We went on our first trip five months ago and these boys are so wonderful. We can't wait to go back and bring them home. The Lord is good! He will be with you through it all. Blessings on all of your upcoming preparations! Our prayers are with you and your little boy!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hooray, Melanie!! I am so so happy you decided to go ahead and travel to meet this little baby boy. You will be so glad you did!! I can't wait to hear all about him!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Praying for you with a big smile,
:0) Adrienne

Children's Hope International said...

Very exciting!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Jennifer N.

Shann said...

How Mel that is very exciting. We are praying for you guys. Wow God is amazing

Love
Shannon and Brad

Shann said...

lol Wow not How sorry