Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In the Bathroom

Today I ate a fudgesicle in the bathroom. I sat on the toilet (with the lid closed!) and shut the door. All I really wanted was a fudgesicle and I did not want to be interrupted. Little hands knocked at the door and little mouths tattled and questioned at least 17 times in the few minutes I sat there. But I will happily tell you that I did not open the door and no one ever knew what was REALLY happening in the bathroom! I am thankful that there is one very small room where I am truly "unavailable". I think I might retreat there more often.

And also in the bathroom today--Ivan emptied all of the contents of my makeup/ other necessary bathroom items drawer into the sink and then gave himself a fabulous half-mustache with my mascara. I would have photographed the scene and culprit, but I also saw some on his teeth and with Maryn's question, "Is that poisin?" felt it best to swift him away for a little clean-up, etc.

Just a very small window into my day. And into my bathroom.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahhh, the bathroom. A haven in so many ways. Hahahaa. I've eaten ice-cream in my bathroom before, hiding from the kiddos. LOL. Glad I'm not the only one! (I've also read, talked on the phone, written in my journal, and just "hung out" in there to escape the outside world! It's one of the only doors in our house that locks!) Whatever it takes to keep mom sane!!!

Roger and Joanne said...

I just know it--that's what I'm gonna be doing. Very funny! I love it.

Also: I'm going to take my blog private soon and I would still love for you to follow along. If interested, please send me your email address so I can send you a link to the private one.

Thanks.

joanne@zriigirl.net

Tracy said...

OMG, this blog entry had me LMAO :) !