Sunday, January 6, 2008

Map Flags

We received a thirilling phone call yesterday telling us that our dossier has been sent to Nizhny Novgorod (see map at right)! WE HAVE A REGION! We are looking forward to learning more and more about our region and have begun our research already learning that Nizhny is a 5 hour train ride from Moscow and is the 3rd largest city in Russia (one site said 4th...so that is possible too I guess!). One of the most fun things about this news was adding the map flag on the huge world map in B's room...the flag reads, "BABY BROTHER!".
(This map has flags all over it marking friends serving on the mission field and has flags in 23 US states and 5 additional countries marking the destinations of "Made for an Angel" bracelets.)
Well, we just wanted to share our exciting news about Nizhny Novgorod...we have a SON there you know!!

10 comments:

GKK said...

I got a braclet made by your son for XMAS and it was one of the BEST gifts I got! We are also fellow parents that had two then God said "Follow me to China", so with the help of CHI, almost four years ago we were in China adopting our third. It was amazing! Tell your son that I am praying for him, as are our children, and that with God all things are possible! Also, I so want to support thim that I want to order more braclets for my friends birthdays and some for my daughter and her friends! We have good friends who came home from Russia last December with their little one. It's an amazing journey! Walk in His will, it's a miracle! GK

GKK said...

p.s. I hope I left my email address!

Wolf family said...

gkk-This is Melanie and no, I didn't get your email address. I hope you get this and can get in touch with me so we can get your bracelets to you!

GKK said...

I got your email but can't send one back. I can't send email to a blog address from my computer, so I'm not sure how to reply back to you. And I don't want to post my email :). You sent it to the right place last time. Is there an address I can reply back to that isn't no-reply blog.??

thanks

gkk

Wolf family said...

GKK,
Email me at mwolf@apu.edu Apparently, the only other way for us to communicate would be by leaving comments here on the blog--look forward to hearing from you.

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations on being assigned a region! We are with CHI also and just switched to one of the newer regions! I hope you find out lots of great info and things move quickly for you!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

How exciting!! I didn't know CHI was working in this new region...
I'm looking forward to finding out more about it as you go there! You must be so excited! I can't wait to hear all about your son.
Adrienne

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

By the way, I absolutely love your children's artwork!! :)

Ben & Melissa said...

Thanks for saying hello on our blog! It's great to hear from another family waiting for a referral from Nizhny. It would be great if we ended up traveling around the same time. I look forward to checking on your progress here!

Ben & Melissa said...

Hi Wolf family! Thanks for keeping up with us. Just wanted you to know that we received a referral this week and accepted him today! (Story is on our blog) Our appointment at the MOE is March 19, so we'll be in planning mode for our trip very soon. We hope you get a referral soon too!